Practice Policy for NuReflexology
Last Updated: 12 November 2021
I am a full member of the Association of Reflexologists (AoR). Being a full member of the AoR demonstrates that I have a nationally recognised Diploma in Reflexology.
As an AoR member:
- I am bound by the AoR Code of Practice and Ethics.
- I follow the AoR Good Practice Policy and hygiene guidance to ensure client safety.
- I will always be adequately insured for medical malpractice /professional indenmity requirements. The industry standard is in excess of £5 million cover.
- I comply with the AoR Continuing Professional Development requirements which ensures my practice is kept up to date.
- I am compliant with GDPR data protection, please see my separate GDPR policy. Your information will remain confidential at all times.
- As a professional and highly qualified reflexologist with MAR status, I will provide you with the appropriate bespoke treatment and support.
1. Use of Face Coverings
- I will always wear a face covering for every client for the foreseeable future.
- My clients will be expected to wear a face covering unless they are exempt, for the foreseeable future.
I have health requests of my clients as follows:
- If you have a cough, a fever or loss of taste and smell or have been in touch with anyone with these symptoms please contact me as we may need to postpone your appointment.
- If you have been involved in a higher risk activity such as attendance at a large event or air travel, I request that you do not book an appointment within 10 days of the activity.
In return I will apply these high standards to myself.Should I feel unwell, unable to treat or it is inadvisable for me to treat, I will explain the situation to you as soon as possible before your treatment.
My fees are either payable in advance as part of a treatment package or in full at the time of treatment.
4. Cancellation Policy
- I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. As you are aware my business is dependent on the number of clients I can see in my clinic hours. Therefore if you are unable to make a previously arranged appointment I request that you provide me with at least 24 hours notice. This will allow me the option to re book the time slot with someone on my waiting list.
- Less than 24 hours notice may result in a fair-use fee of 50% of my usual treatment cost. This fee will be required to be settled prior to any future bookings.
- I request a deposit of 50% of my usual appointment fee from all clients when booking.
- Appointments made under this deposit scheme are able to be rescheduled with more than 24 hours notice. With less than 24 hours notice the deposit will be withheld as stated in my cancellation policy above.
6. Use of Background Music
I only play Royalty free music within my business and therefore I am not required to have The Music Licence. Unless you are in your own home, I am unable to play your preferred music selection.
7. Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council
I have chosen to be regulated by the CNHC, my choice to be voluntarily regulated and the extra requirements of me are explained on the CNHC website https://www.cnhc.org.uk/.