Reproductive Reflexology is for women at any stage in their fertility planning, whether they are enhancing their general health before trying for a baby, experiencing problems with conception or require help and guidance during pregnancy. I also offer treatments for couples undergoing assisted fertility treatments such as IUI and IVF/ICSI.
Here are some interesting facts about fertility:
- After pregnancy, infertility is the most common reason for women aged 20 to 45 to visit their GP.
- 1 in 6 couples in the UK experience difficulties conceiving, that's about 3.5m people.
- Over 60,000 cycles of IVF are performed in the UK each year - yet fewer than 25% of these are successful.
- The majority of fertility treatment in the UK has to be paid for privately as NHS provision varies depending on your postcode.
- In over 40% of instances of infertility, the causes are unexplained.
- Fertility declines with age - and that applies to men as well as women.
Stress and Fertility
Reflexology can help remove blockages in the flow of your natural energy and through Reflexology you can experience a deep sense of physical and emotional relaxation, improved mood and increased wellbeing.
Stress is anything which has an impact on your body; it can be physical or emotional in origin. It is a very significant factor with fertility, its causes are limitless and the impact on the body very widespread. When you're suffering from chronic (on going) stress, the body increases the production of stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol and at the same time slows the production of reproductive hormones, making it difficult to conceive.
Reflexology can help to combat how stress affects your body by bringing it back to its natural state of homeostasis. Your body then has the strength and focus to do what it does naturally.
Reflexology provides deep relaxation and the release of tension in the body. When your body is stress free and relaxed it is better able to regulate your menstrual cycle including how often you are ovulating.
Reproductive Reflexology Treatments
Every client is an individual and this is taken into consideration when designing a treatment plan to meet your needs.
At your first consultation I will take a detailed medical history, including information on any mainstream fertility treatment being undertaken, medication, details of your diet and life-style. I will use this information to design a treatment plan.
As a Reflexologist and Nutritional Therapist I offer clients a course of Reproductive Reflexology treatments, with dietary changes and appropriate supplements.
I use temperature charting to find out more information about your menstrual cycle and ask clients to start recording this before the first consultation.